Mount Sinai Careers
Quality Improvement Coordinator
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Oversees the accurate coding and evaluation of Serious Adverse Events (SAEs) and Hospital Acquired Conditions (HACs) defined by Medicare and Medicaid, and Patient Safety Indicators (PSIs) as defined by AHRQ including: (a), validation of coding; (b), Follow-up with appropriate parties including clinicians, Medical Records staff, Clinical Documentation Specialists, Risk Management personnel and others.
- Validates the existence, accuracy and completeness of MERS records for SAEs or other complications; notifies Risk Manager of material differences, if any.
- Investigates and coordinates responses to IPRO Quality of Care Citations.
- Participates in the preparation, planning, coordination and oversight of planned and unplanned regulatory site visits by: the Joint Commission, New York State Department of Health, etc., as required.
- Facilitates and participates in Institutional Quality and Performance Improvement Committee Functions and operations as assigned, especially those convened specifically for the purpose of promoting quality of care and regulatory compliance.
- Collaborates with Performance Improvement Coordinators and other departments to facilitate and monitor the timely completion of agreed-to Corrective Action Plans with identified stakeholders and other responsible parties.
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, or related science; Masters preferred
5 years of relevant experience in a health related environment
- Superior written and oral communications skills
- Excellent problem and analytical skills
- Effective conflict resolution skills
Name: NYS RN, NP or P.A. licensure