Mount Sinai Careers
Emergency Department Quality Improvement Manager
ED Quality Improvement Manager - Emergency Medicine
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Mount Sinai Health System
Job Title: Emergency Department Quality Improvement Manager
The Emergency Department Quality Improvement Manager works to develop, manage and coordinate training for Emergency Department front end users. They work with the Executive Committee of the Department of Emergency Medicine to provide a liaison function with other Departments and external agencies as appropriate. To assist various redesign initiatives by providing analytical support, facilitating meetings, assisting in strategy, project design and implementation, and creating data gathering tools. Provide operations data analysis to support process improvement initiatives to improve quality, throughput, revenue, and customer satisfaction
- As an integral member of the ED administration/ management team the ED Quality Improvement Manager develops, organizes and provides the department Eagle, insurance verification training programs for all ED staff, including providing departmental BA training and staff support for individuals in need.
- Consults with immediate supervisor, provides counseling and documentation to members of the clerical/operational/administrative staff regarding adherence to job obligations.
- Functions as the primary ED liaison between Insurance verification, Hospital IT Services, Health information Management and other Hospital Center department for all ED Front End issues.
- Analyzes staff performance and makes recommendations for improvement, giving instruction and guidance in areas where development is needed
- Work with eagle team to develop effective front end training and updated training materials.
- Develops recommendations for all eagle and insurance verification upgrades
- Create detailed plans for execution and implementation of new front end process
- Manages all ED personnel assigned to projects related to the ED Front End Issues.
- Interfaces with all other management and supervisory staff to coordinate all aspects of the Registration process.
- Involved in various Hospital projects targeted toward reduction in insurance and demographical errors
- Must work with other departments and agencies to ensure effective interdepartmental IT operations on a regular basis.
- Ensures that all system activities and projects are reported to and coordinated with ED Administrative Leadership.
- With the support of the Department, manages all activities provided by the Health information Management department and approve all work performed.
- Provides the department statistical reports on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis as determined by the ED and in a timely fashion.
- Maintains all reports and BA performance improvement worksheet
- Must supervise billing coordinator, operational, clerical and secretarial support staff of the department.
- Provides administrative/management coverage for the department as directed.
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in healthcare billing or registration.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Management experience, preferably in a clinical setting.
- Systems experience and working knowledge of Microsoft system (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required.
- Previous experience with hospital IT systems (i.e. Eagle, EPIC, IDX) preferred
- Previous training/ education experience preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.