Mount Sinai Careers
Financial Analyst - Patient Financial Services
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Financial Analyst provides reconciliations and financial analysis for Beth Israel Medical Center, Long Island College Hospital and St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital in a timely manner. The Financial Analyst is cognizant of the philosophy, standards, objectives and policies of the Department and the Hospital Center.
- Being recognized as the Financial Analyst of the Cash Control Unit
- Being accountable for financial reconciliations for Cash Control Department
- Promoting the concepts of stratification, accountability, zero backlogs, and teamwork
- Maintaining weekly goal of zero unposted cash
- Creating and communicating goals to Cash Control Management
- Recognizing strengths and areas for improvement of financial reconciliation process
- Ensure all electronic remittance advices are processed daily and reconciled with the bank statements
- Ensure that electronic postings are reconciled appropriately before submitting to General Accounting
- Report any reconciliation discrepancies to Managers
- Ensure all ACH/EFT and Checks are recorded accurately from BPR report to the ACH log on the management drive
- Ensure that all missing checks are declared correctly for all sites
- Communicate with the Managers regarding any electronic posting issues
- Review the electronic remittance reconciliation to ensure that the remittance postings matches to the cash that was posted during the remittance run plus the posted kick-outs
- Communicate to the Systems Department regarding any electronic posting issues (utilizing mutual agreed upon template) and closely work with management in attaining missing ERA documentation
- Review the weekly and daily electronic remittances reconciliation to ensure that the expected amount posted reconciles with the amount of cash from the bank statement
- Perform a routine analysis of submitted Finance Elective Sheet GL code entry for Inpatient and outpatient with the Eagle Interface CHP Cash Report produced by the Stockamp Analyst
- Report any discrepancies to the Director and Vice President of Patient Accounts and RCO
- Report un-reconciled lockboxes, mail list, credit cards, electronic remits and other cash to Managers for immediate follow-up
- Reconcile the daily, weekly and monthly cash on timely manner
- Submit reconciliation and finance elect sheets to General Accounting for All Sites. Timely and accurately.
- Provide general accounting for all sites scanned documents of deposit tickets and credit card batch transactions on daily basis
- Assist in updating monthly Cash Clearing Report for all sites
- Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality
- Observes the Health Care System’s compliance policies
- Monitor IS needs and proactively submit and follow-up on requests. Elevate requests to appropriate parties if issues are not addressed in a timely manner.
- Maintain all equipment in good working order
- Ensure that the unit fax machine is working correctly
- Ensure that all printers are functioning properly
- Address any and all system or equipment issues immediately to minimize down time
- Participates in the development of other staff members
- Meets regulatory, licensure and annual health assessment requirements
- Identifies learning strengths and needs
- Utilizes learning resources
- Demonstrates a professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, staff, families and significant others
- Displays courtesy, tact and patience with all members of the hospital staff and extended community
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned or perform other duties when necessary
- Associate’s Degree in banking, finance, business administration or other related discipline. 5 years relevant work experience
- Stockamp, Eagle knowledge, treasury operation, accounting operation, solid numerical ability, payment processing and posting, proficiency with computer software and database related to patient accounts receivable., ability to work under high pressure and on a deadline environment. Flexible hours.
- Lifting boxes maximum 30 lbs
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.