Mount Sinai Careers
Physical Therapist - Full-time - Mount Sinai West (Columbus Circle Area)
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to accurately evaluate and effectively treat all assigned patients
- Devises a treatment plan that addresses individual, age specific needs, incorporating patient goals, to emphasize functional restoration and quality of life
- Monitors appropriateness of goals and prioritizes treatments to maximize patient benefit.
- Educates the patient and their family members regarding home exercise program, diagnosis specific information and purpose of any therapeutic intervention
- Coordinates with other services when scheduling patients and adjust schedule as necessary to provide additional coverage
Education: Baccalaureate or Master's degree from an accredited university or college with a curriculum in Physical Therapy approved by the council on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association and the American Physical Therapy Association; DPT strongly preferred.
Successful completion of clinical affiliations as per university's curriculum in Physical Therapy
Eligibility for, or Licensed by the New York Board of Regents. Eligibility for certification by the American Physical Therapy Association.