Mount Sinai Careers
Manager Store Room (Pharmacy) - Mount Sinai West (Columbus Circle Area)
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Under general direction and working through subordinate supervisors, is responsible for procuring, receiving, warehousing and distributing all supplies ordered and delivered to the Medical Center, through General Stores and Receiving.
- Orients, trains, coordinates work assignments and monitors work of subordinates engaged in procuring, recording, receiving, warehousing and distributing supplies and equipment, ensuring adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Works with Director in developing proper work standards for Receiving/Stores and acquiring tools or equipment needed for safe and efficient performance.
- Works with Director in developing policies and procedures concerning proper and timely movement of supplies throughout institution and personnel policies.
- Advises employees on care and preservation of items received, stored and shipped. Demonstrates use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining and shipping stock and related problems.
- Interviews, develops and when necessary disciplines all subordinate department personnel. Evaluates and counsels immediate subordinate supervisors. Authoritatively recommends to Director hiring and firing of subordinate employees.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers concerned with ordering, receiving, storing, inventory, and distributing supplies, tools, equipment and parts ordered and delivered to Medical center.
- Plans layout of stockroom, warehouse and other storage areas concerning turnover, size, weigh and related factors of items stored.
- Prepares department's operating budget and submits it to Director for approval.
- Prepares weekly reports for Director on storeroom's inventory turnover and production rate of subordinates. Reviews records for accuracy of information, compliance with established procedures and to determine adequacy of stock levels.
- Interfaces with administration, managers and supervisors of other departments for purpose of coordinating activities, facilitating delivery, discussing availability of services and considering special situations that require special attention.
- Serves as participating member of various committees in order to contribute information concerning department's capabilities and to explain possible impact of decisions.
- Work requires level of knowledge of purchasing, storing, managing and distributing of supplies in an efficient and cost effective manner, generally acquired through at least two of progressively more responsible experience in a Storeroom setting with one and a half years coming in a supervisory capacity.
- Analytical abilities necessary to develop policies and procedures handle storage, inventory.
- Interpersonal abilities necessary to effectively interact with all levels of Medical Center Personnel as well as distributors and other outside contacts.
High School diploma or GED