Mount Sinai Careers
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Responsible for handling billing and accounts receivables for Cancer Center Practices as well as for special reporting on various aspects of billing and collection activity from the Outpatient and Professional Billing departments
- Remains involved in creating and maintaining billing policies and procedures, patient relations, revenue maximization, receivable management and surgical pre-certification
- Involves limited coverage of front-end staff, to include arrival and registration of patients in hospital computer systems
- Assists with line of duties (batching superbills, accurate and complete collection of insurance information)
- Maintains and monitors systems for data collection and statistical reporting
Associate’s Degree (Two years college). Bachelor’s Degree in finance or accounting preferred.
Thorough knowledge of medical terminology. 2-3 years of Medical billing experience required, including knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and 3rd party reimbursement as well as ICD-9 and CPT coding.
Demonstrated ability to accurately record financial information required. Accounting and/or financial reporting experience preferred.
Excellent organization skills and demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information.
Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with patients and staff and to withstand the pressure that may arise in relation to dealing with physicians, the public and staff.
Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and to deal with individuals under stress. Prior supervision experience helpful.