Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Emergency Department assignments
- Registered Professional Nurse who provides safe, competent, quality care based on nursing theory and research to Emergency Room patients.
- Utilization review and communication with team in the Emergency Department regarding in-patient Medicare patients and readmissions
- Interacts with the interdisciplinary team, participates in rounds and assures timely, quality care throughout the hospital stay
- Screens patients for acute hospital admission and continued stay.
- Initiates referrals as appropriate
- Promote safe and timely patient flow from admission to discharge
- Coordinate patient and family education for discharge with the educator and interdisciplinary team members
- Data collection and analysis. High level of customer service
- Additional assignments as per scope of practice for Case Managers
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- NYS RN Licensure required; PRI Certification required
- Experience in CM, UM, Quality or Coding. Certification in CM, UM, Quality, Risk, Coding preferred.
- Working knowledge of Milliman, Allscripts, EPIC preferred. Knowledge of regulatory requirements preferred.
- Three years’ experience in acute care hospital setting
- Good writing skills, computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. High level customer service skills. Creativity, flexibility, professional and courteous. Works independently.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.