Strength Through Diversity.
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates the ability to perform clinical/technical/service/administrative tasks
- Ensures rational drug therapy by reviewing inpatient and outpatient medication orders prior to dispensing.
- Evaluates new orders against existing patient profiles and provides appropriate pharmaceutical care.
- Demonstrates the ability to detect, communicate and avoid drug interactions and the administration of drugs to which the patient may be allergic.
- Contacts prescribers for issue resolution.
- Dispenses prescription medication to inpatients, outpatients and employees as per departmental policies.
- Appropriately checks all work conducted by non-licensed personnel requiring direct pharmacist supervision and authorization, e.g., unit-dose cassette filling, I.V. batching.
- Dispenses and maintains accurate records of dispensing controlled substances, tax-free alcohol and investigational new drugs.
- PharmD Degree from an accredited college of pharmacy.
- Current New York State License and Registration as Pharmacist.
- Pharmacist - previous hospital experience preferred but not required
- Oncology experience and certification preferred
- English proficiency, oral and written
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a
part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.