Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept- Atlantic City
Job Title: Practice Manager - Unite Here Health
This position is responsible for supervising the non-clinical staff, maintaining the scheduling templates for providers, monitoring the quality of the scheduling data, training and orienting of new staff, and ensuring the smooth functioning of the department. Is cognizant of the philosophy, standards, objectives and policies of the Department and the Hospital Center.
- Supervises the administrative/clerical staff, including Patient Service Representatives, Secretaries, and Administrative Assistants, in regard to appropriate allocation of personnel and assignment of activities, including redeployment of personnel to cover planned absenses (e.g. vacation and/or personal time) and unanticipated absences (e.g. sick time)
- Ensure adequate staffing coverage of administrative and clerical areas, including managing requests for float coverage from PACC administration.
- Supervises daily operational issues of patient flow, billing and registration, medical record retrieval, patient eligibility, and follow-up on missed appointments.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required. Master’s Degree in Health Care Administration or Business/Public Administration Preferred.
- Familiarity with ambulatory practice management.
- Excellent organization skills and demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with patients and staff, and to withstand the pressures that may arise in relation to dealing with physicians, the public and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and to deal calmly with individuals under stress.
- Prior supervision experience preferred.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.