Mount Sinai Careers
Credentialing Coordinator II
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Acts as customer service liaison and leads the credentialing process with medical staff personnel, department representatives, licensing agencies and insurance carriers.
- Assesses and prioritizes Medical Staff appointments and backlog.
- Evaluates applicants’ credentials in accordance in order to ensure compliance with medical staff by-laws and other regulatory bodies.
- Develops and delivers management process metrics to medical staff management and its customers.
- May act as team lead and may participate in probationary and annual performance evaluations.
- Performs other related duties
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3 years’ experience in hospital credentialing. Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures used in health care and physician credentialing.
- NAMSS preferred
- Takes initiative and resolves problems independently
- Works well under stress and with shifting priorities
- Builds successful customer relationships
- Has strong attention to detail
- Maintains strict adherence to deadlines
- Able to regularly meet productivity and quality goals
- Has good organizational skills