Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Being a member of our nursing team at the Mount Sinai Health System is truly a badge of honor. Our nursing professionals provide leadership in a stimulating, supportive, and state-of-the-art environment where expertise is valued and collaboration is essential. As members of interdisciplinary care teams, nurses work alongside recognized leaders in all areas of clinical care—sharing outstanding resources, ideas, and technology to improve patients’ lives.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
- Assists the Nurse Manager in assigning patient care activities for 100 FTEs (RNs and Techs) in a 65 bed, level 2, Stroke and STEMI, Peds and Adults unit.
- Reviews clinical performance of nursing personnel via anecdotal records, conferences and evaluation process.
- Participates in the Department of Nursing’s and the HospitalCenter’s Quality Improvement Program
- Serves as a resource person for the nursing staff within the unit or other units.
- Serves as a preceptor role model in the clinical setting for staff and affiliating students. Participates in the selection of staff members who may serve as preceptors.
- Assists in the planning and monitoring of the unit budget in conjunction with the Director, Nursing.
What You’ll Bring:
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing and Masters degree in nursing preferred
- Demonstrated competence in nursing leadership. Experience and demonstrated competency in applicable clinical specialty. Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional growth and development. Eligibility for joint appointment with University affiliation.
- Licensed and currently registered as a professional nurse in New York State
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.