Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Cardiology - 78949
Cardiac Diagnostic Tech - Full Time
To provide exceptional patient care in an environment where quality, respect, caring and compassion. Provide leadership in the performance of diagnostic tests of the cardiovascular systems to patients to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of the heart and blood vessel disorders. Participates in the invasive and non-invasive cardiac procedures.
- The Cardiac Technician should be familiar with the techniques and range of equipment used in current medical practice for the diagnosis, treatment and care of patients.
- Directs electrocardiogram, echocardiogram, holter monitor, trans-oesophageal echocardiogram exercise stress testing and dobutamine stress testing to aid in diagnosis of the cardiovascular system.
- Performs electrocardiogram, echocardiogram, holter monitor, trans-oesophageal echocardiogram exercise stress testing and dobutamine stress testing in compliance with departmental and hospital policy and procedure.
- Conduct a full range of non-invasive and invasive cardiac diagnostic tests including ECG, Echocardiography, Holter monitoring, Stress ECG, Pacemaker and ICD implants, follow-up and programming, EP studies, angiography and angioplasty procedures.
- Maintains required departmental records. Corrects delinquent medical records.
- Assures that equipment is maintained according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Reports any malfunctions as they occur per hospital policy.
- Participates in department process improvement projects.
- Maintains infection control procedures to project patients and staff.
- Train new employees and assist in evaluating all cardiac technicians.
- Orders and stores adequate supplies in compliance with company policy.
- Evaluates equipment and makes suggestions regarding purchase, use or rental.
- Report accidents and incidents. Participate in the investigation and remedial action.
- Bachelor of Science degree preferred. Current Registry status.
- At least 2 years as an Echocardiographer preferred.