Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Project Manager I oversees the operational aspects and scope of a specific project or ongoing department initiatives. S/he supports department leadership, organizes conferences, seminars, location moves, educational initiatives and other projects, and is responsible for the creation and monitoring of timelines and other specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, directs and coordinates activities of designated project(s) to ensure that goals or objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Alters plans and makes recommendations for future project phases or future projects, based on lessons learned from the project.
- May participate in budget development for the project.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project(s).
- Ensures all staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of project met. May contribute to the performance evaluation of the employees associated with the project scope and may evaluate vendors and consultants and their effectiveness and ability to deliver as promised.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Confers with staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget, including consultants and other outside vendors.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others. Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- May oversee participating members of the project to ensure communication is timely and accurate, and that the project needs are met, including documentation for the project.
- Performs other related duties.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master's Degree preferred
- 5 years of relevant experience; project management experience preferred