Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Sr. Physician Assistant - Cardiac Surgery - OR- Days - Inpatient
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assesses patient health by interview and by obtaining and/or updating medical history. Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
2. Performs physical examinations and provides treatment and counsel. Recognizes and evaluates patients who require the immediate attention of a physician and, when necessary, initiates emergency medical treatment without supervision.
3. Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests and laboratory studies. Follows-up on x-rays and laboratory data. Interprets diagnostic test results.
4. Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing, post-operative care and management of wound care and infections. Utilizes diagnostic techniques, such as observation, palpation, percussion or auscultation.
5. Counsels patients regarding prescribed therapeutic regimens and health maintenance.
6. Maintains accurate and complete patient records. Develops and implements patient management plans, records procedure and progress notes and discharge summaries, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
7. Maintains a safe and clean work environment by ensuring compliance with infection-control policies and protocols and other safety procedures and regulations.
8. Develops and provides education related to pre and post-operative evaluation and treatment plans.
Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program
5 years’ experience as Physician’s Associate
Licensing and Certification Requirements (if applicable)
Name: PA-C from NCCPA
DEA from NYS DOH/Bureau of Narcotic Enforcement
Current Infection Control Certificate
AHA approved BLS and ALS
Issuing Agency: Current New York State Physician Assistant License