Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintains a patient caseload of at least 5 patients per day
- Evaluates patients according to departmental standards.
- Counsels patients and/or families according to departmental standards
- Completes patient reports according to departmental formats and within specified time frames
- Completes daily and monthly statistics and billing records
- Supervises staff speech therapists for difficult cases
- Evaluates those cases that exceed the competencies of the staff therapists
- Develops promotional material
- Maintain contracts and equipment
- Presents cases and attend meetings
- Assists in Development of Policies and Procedures
- Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities.
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information.
- Observes the Health Care System’s compliance policies.
- Maintains IDX Master Schedule
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of EAGLE system
- Formulates new policies and procedures as an outgrowth of staff meetings and as directed by the Chief of Speech
- Assists in supervising front-line staff:
- Intercedes with problems in the absence of the Chief of Speech.
- Explains new front line policies and procdures
- Prepares monthly and yearly IDX and other statistical reports
- Assures accuracy of the reports
- Oversees staff productivity by reviewing schedules and statistics
- Participates in the development of other staff members.
- Meets regulatory, licensure and annual health assessment requirements.
- Identifies learning strengths and needs
- Utilizes learning resources.
- Demonstrates a professional, courteous, and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, families and significant others.
- Displays courtesy, tact and patience during interactions with all members of the hospital staff and extended community.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned or perform other duties when necessary.
- Masters Degree in Speech/Language Pathology
- New York State License in Speech Pathology
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from American Speech Language Hearing Association
- 2 years experience preferred