Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
IT Security - Req #73228
Associate IT Director
This position is an Associate Director for Security Risk Assessments that reports directly to the CISO of Mount Sinai Health System.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Defines a process and architecture for assessing risk and controls for networks, applications and infrastructure and supports in the architecture modeling process for ensuring the appropriate identification and integration of various Cyber products and security services within a technologically diverse IT environment.
- Serves as an internal information security risk consultant on the standards, complex issues and best practices for the organization.
- Identifies emerging risks involving data access control technologies, information systems security issues, safeguards, and techniques.
- Understands federal security standards involving FISMA security programs or compliance with NIST SP 800-53 security standards
- Recommends security solutions that will resolve security issues on a timely basis to enhance security.
- Knowledge of information assurance (IA) principles and organizational requirements that are relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation
- Knowledge of information technology (IT) security principles and methods (e.g. firewalls, Demilitarized Zones, encryption)
- Familiarity about network access, identity, and access management (e.g. Active Directory, access federation, multifactor authentication, PKI)
- Familiarity with operating systems (Microsoft Windows, Linux, UNIX, MacOS X)
- Knowledge of how traffic flows across the network (e.g. TCP & TCP/IP, OSI, etc.)
- Knowledge of secure configuration management techniques
- Knowledge of security management
- Knowledge of software engineering
- Knowledge in assessing the robustness of security systems and designs
- Knowledge of HIPAA/HITECH, Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Payment Card Industry (PCI) data security standards
- Knowledge of IT supply chain and third party vendor security/risk management policies, requirements, and procedures
- Knowledge of network security architecture concepts, including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g. application of defense-in-depth)
- Perform security reviews and identify security gaps in security architecture, resulting in recommendations for inclusion into the risk mitigation strategy
- Provide IA guidance to leadership
- CISSP Preferred
- Experience in working with groups of people or teams to accomplish goals
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Basic abilities with MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and VISIO
- Excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills
- Team player who creates a positive team environment
- Commitment to learning and acquiring new skill
- Able to articulate a desire to work in the healthcare cyber-security field
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.