Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Supervisor Radiology - Req 79242
Supervises, oversees, organizes schedules and evaluates assigned subordinates in specific areas or shifts in Department of Radiology. These staff are engaged in performing radiology procedures. Performs duties of subordinates as necessary.
- Supervises, oversees, organizes and directs work of assigned subordinates engaged in performing routine and special radiology procedures.
- Establishes work priorities, in accordance with established daily assignments, or work assignments in response to patient load or malfunctioning equipment.
- Prepares and maintains work schedules, adjusting schedule as necessary to work out difficulties caused by illness, vacations, emergence situations, backlog of patient, examinations, etc.
- Interviews and recommends hiring, discipline and when necessary, discharge of subordinates. Trains, reviews and evaluates work of subordinates.
- Supervises radiology technicians, giving assistance when needed. Evaluates and reviews their work to insure conformance to radiology procedures and safety requirements.
- Participates in developing and administering department policies and procedures pertaining to work processes, rules, scheduling of subordinates and safety procedures.
- Reviews employee time cards, calculating time worked and ensuring time off is appropriately recorded. May authorize overtime work for subordinates depending on assigned shifts.
- Maintains adequate levels of approved supplies necessary to perform radiology procedures. Participates in evaluating quality and cost effectiveness of new or replacement supplies.
- Ensures equipment in assigned areas is maintained in safe, operating condition, recommending when necessary repair of equipment. Performs quality control testing monthly in each radiolographic room.
- Develops and maintains cooperative working relationship with physicians and patient care departments to gather and exchange information, resolve problems such as, lost radiology film, and improve services provided.
- May perform duties of subordinate personnel as staffing or workload dictates.
- Associate degree in Radiology or successful completion of an approved Radiologic Technology program.
- 3 years experience as a radiology technician with 1 year in a leadership or supervisory role
- NY State License. Certification as a Registered Technologist preferred – American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT)