Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Provides pharmaceutical care to patients and pharmaceutical services to health professionals and departments within the hospital center and the community
2. Provides pharmaceutical care to assigned patients by correlating the physician's orders with the patient's clinical status to determine the optimal dose (individual, daily, and cumulative), route, scheduling, and duration of each prescribed medication
3. Supplies information regarding medications to other health care professionals
4. Upholds the policies, procedures, standards, goals, and mission of the Department of Pharmacy and the institution
5. Demonstrates behavior reflecting the scientific knowledge, judgment, and technical skills associated with good pharmaceutical care of patients
6. Rounds with assigned team(s)
7. Assesses the appropriateness of medication orders based on interview, observation, and review of the patient’s medical records
8. Develops a goal-oriented pharmaceutical care plan based on assessment, in cooperation with the patient, the patient's significant others, and other members of the health care team
9. Retrieves pertinent laboratory data and applies the information to the pharmaceutical care plan
10. Recommends modification of the medical regimen to achieve consistency with the care plan
11. Applies therapy modification by protocol when appropriate
12. Streamlines potential medications to oral equivalents when possible
13. Documents patient progress and intervenes to redirect care, if necessary
14. Records verbal orders and order clarifications accurately based on proper procedure
15. Communicates with the patient in a manner consistent with the patient's age, level of awareness, and ability to learn
- Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited college of pharmacy.
- Hospital Experience Preferred
- Current New York State License and Registration as Pharmacist.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.