Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Provides assistance in the preparation and cooking of food under the supervision of the supervisor, the first cook or the second cook.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for receiving food items and supplies as requisitioned and prepares these items for production
- Responsible for assembling and measuring of ingredients as per standard recipe
- Notifies and communicate plant hazards to supervisor
- Adheres to established work schedules with regard to work days and job assignment as instructed by supervisor, first or second cook
- Uses various equipment and kitchen utensils while performing assigned task
- Operates equipment in a safe manner and cleans all equipment according to established guidelines
- Maintains compliance with OSHA/JCAHO standards
- Performs butchering duties as assigned
- Successfully completes annual physical examination
- Follows standard practices for storing, issuing, covering, labeling, dating, and rotating of foods
High School Diploma- or GED
Minimum of one year
Licensing and Certification Requirements:
Microsoft Office - Beginner
General Skills and Competencies:
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.