Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
RADIOLOGY DIAGNOSTIC - Req #79583
Job Title: Billing Coordinator
Performs specialized billing, collections or followup tasks for third party inpatient and outpatient accounts receivable. Maintains a currency of knowledge in medical reimbursement concepts and regulations.
- Verifies accuracy of billing forms and enters pertinent data in appropriate databases, ensuring timely and optimal reimbursement.
- Investigates account billing inquiries, reviewing documentation for completeness and accuracy, including CPT and ICD-9 coding, physician data, insurance coverage, TOA and other data.
- Prepares appropriate documentation for account inquiry and resolution.
- Maintains a database of account inquiry information and generates reports and summaries as requested.
- Investigates causes for denials and utilizes established protocols to effect satisfactory resolution.
- Communicates with patients and other appropriate parties regarding open accounts, incorrect information, installment payment arrangements, etc.
- Associate’s Degree (Two years college). Bachelor’s Degree in finance or accounting preferred
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology. 2-3 years of Medical billing experience required, including knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and 3rd party reimbursement as well as ICD-9 and CPT coding. Demonstrated ability to accurately record financial information required. Accounting and/or financial reporting experience preferred. Prior supervision experience helpful
- MS Office Suite - Intermediate
General Skills and Competencies
- Excellent organization skills and demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with patients and staff and to withstand the pressure that may arise in relation to dealing with physicians, the public and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and to deal with individuals under stress.