Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept- Unite Here Health
Title: Administrative Secretary I - located in Atlantic City, NJ
The Administrative Secretary I performs secretarial and
general office support involving word processing, typing, telephone reception,
mail distribution and record and file maintenance.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Answers telephone, screens callers, relay messages and
- Opens, sorts and prioritizes mail. Picks up and delivers materials as required.
- Maintains records through filing, retrieval, retention,
storage, coding, updating and destruction.
- Type’s routine correspondence, memos, reports, minutes and
other documents from dictation or handwritten copy. Proofreads typed materials and makes
corrections, as needed.
- May screen and schedule patient
appointments, schedule referrals of special testing or doctor’s visits, and
keep record of patient billing for submission.
- Makes travel, accommodation and/or transportation
- Schedules and maintains calendar for meetings and/or
- Responds to inquiries for information according to
- Gathers, assembles and categorizes data for general
information purposes and special reports.
- May process check requests and expense reimbursements
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Associate Degree preferred, High School Diploma/GED required.
- 3-4 years administrative experience.
- Formal secretarial training preferred.
- Computer literacy with experience in word processing and database software.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.