Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Physicians Assistant- Rehab- Non Surgical Ortho- Pain Management- 9:00-5:00- Monday -Friday- 1199
Department: Phillips Ambulatory Care Center
1. Diagnoses and treats adult medical patients in accordance with the scope of defined privileges
2. Responsible for diagnosing, treating patients, and developing a plan of care for a broad range of conditions related to Musculoskeletal, non-operative Orthopedics, Neurological, Pain Management, and Sports Medicine.
3. Provides all aspects of care to patients in accordance with delineation of privileges
4. Assist the Physician in the perioperative suite or ambulatory surgery centers
5. Coordinate plan of care with attending physicians in Department of Rehabilitation and Human Performance in an outpatient setting.
6. Collaborate with Nutritionist, Exercise Physiologists, and board certified physicians in Sports Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Pain Management, and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation to provide the highest quality care.
7. Opportunity to perform injections
8. Performs complete admission histories and physical examinations
9. Conducts patient health assessment interviews, orders and interprets diagnostic screening tests
10. Makes rounds, writes notes, discusses care plan with attending with patients in the department.
11. Regulates selected medication and treatments as appropriate, in collaboration with physicians
12. Notifies changes in patient conditions and care plan changes to attending physicians to facilitate patient care.
13. Maintains proper chart documentation reporting and interpreting patient responses to the plan of care
14. Participates in quality improvement activities
15. Participates in educational forums
16. Counsels and assists patients and family members assuming responsibility for prevention of illness and promotion of health maintenance and restoration of health
17. Identifies available community resources helpful to patients and their family
18. Maintains and updates patient records
19. Completes medical discharge summaries in a timely manner
20. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned area
Age Specific Competencies (Neonate/Infant, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric)
a. Identifies physical, behavioral and emotional characteristics typical for the age group
b. Modifies approaches based on patient age-specific needs and responses to treatment
c. Provides care for patients based on age-specific needs
d. Uses communication techniques which are age appropriate
18. Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities
19. Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information
20. Observes the Health Care System’s compliance policies
C. Educational/Professional Development
21. Participates in the development of other staff members
22. Meets regulatory, licensure and annual health assessment requirements
23. Identifies learning strengths and needs
24. Utilizes learning resources
25. Obtains 100 CME credits annually
26. Attends medical educational conferences and reads current medical literature on internal medicine
27. Demonstrates a professional, courteous, and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, families and significant others
28. Displays courtesy, tact and patience during interactions with all members of the hospital staff and extended community
29. Adheres to Continuum’s legal and ethical standards
30. May be required to perform other duties as assigned
Items 1-29 are essential functions of this position under the Americans with Disabilities Act
Continuum Health Partners is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that is strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences
Bachelor’s Degree and graduation from an accredited physician assistant program.
EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
Requires appointment to the Medical Center Allied Health Personnel Staff. Excellent technical and patient care skills. Valid New York State license and registration as a physician assistant.
Current ACLS and BCLS certification.
Strength through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.