Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Physicians Assistant- Musculoskeletal - Sports Medicine- Pain Management- 9:00-5:00- Monday -Friday- 1199
Dynamic Musculoskeletal, Spine, Sports Medicine, and Interventional Pain Management practice looking for talented PA to work in a multidisciplinary ambulatory office. The office is home to world renowned physicians and physiatrists, best in their fields.
This is an ambulatory setting, no nights or weekends. The PA will work alongside physicians and autonomously; addressing the needs of the patient populations, office visits and in-office procedures are all included. Training to perform peripheral joint interventions included. A team approach is encouraged, with close proximity and access to physical therapy, acupuncture, and occupational therapy on-site.
Open to new graduates and experienced PAs who would like to be part of this special practice, and with a willingness to learn this unique and special field.
Department: Rehabilitation and Human Performance
- Responsible for diagnosing, treating patients, and developing a plan of care for a broad range of conditions related to Musculoskeletal, Neurological, Pain Management, and Sports Medicine.
- Provides all aspects of care to patients in accordance with delineation of privileges
- Coordinate plan of care with attending physicians in Department of Rehabilitation and Human Performance in an outpatient setting.
- Collaborate with Nutritionist, Exercise Physiologists, and board certified physicians in Sports Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Pain Management, and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation to provide the highest quality care.
- Opportunity to perform ultrasound guided interventions
- Conducts patient health assessment interviews, orders and interprets diagnostic screening tests
- Opportunity to perform injections (Peripheral Joint)
Bachelor’s Degree and graduation from an accredited physician assistant program.
EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
Requires appointment to the Medical Center Allied Health Personnel Staff. Excellent technical and patient care skills. Valid New York State license and registration as a physician assistant.
Current ACLS and BCLS certification.
Strength through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.