Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Checks vehicle, equipment and supplies at beginning of shift to insure regulatory compliance
- Receives emergency assignments from dispatcher and promptly responds.
- Operates the ambulance safely and obeys all traffic laws in accordance with NYS-VTL, NYSDOH, FDNY Operating Guide regulations, and hospital Policy and Procedures.
- Ensures the safety of the patient and other personnel at all times.
- Takes histories and performs physical exams as indicated.
- Initiates indicated treatment modalities according to written New York State Department of Health - EMS, REMSCO, and FDNY operating protocols and medical control physician orders.
- Completes a clear, concise, comprehensive and neatly written ambulance call report documenting the situation at the scene, physical exam, orders received, treatments rendered, response to these treatments, and other information deemed pertinent.
- Four year high school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of training program as a Paramedic and Emergency Medical Technician, and other protocol update programs as currently required.
- Certification as a NYS Paramedic 1+ years 911 experience preferred.
- NYS certification test score minimum of 80%
- Successful completion of the Regional Emergency Medical Advisory Committee (REMAC) certification of New York City or willingness to obtain
- Driver’s License valid and active in New York State without infractions, points, or accidents.
- In order to be considered you must include the following documents with your application:
- Paramedic certification
- State Paramedic Exam Results
- REMAC Certification
- Driver’s Abstract showing no infractions
- Driver’s license
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.