Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
RADIOLOGY DIAGNOSTIC - Req #79880
Job Title:Special Procedures Technician
Operating diagnostic imaging equipment to produce contrast enhanced radiographs of heart and cardiovascular system (angio-cardiograms) during cardiac catheterization to aid Physician in diagnostic evaluation and treatment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensures optimal film quality
- Ensures radiation safety as a primary concern, operates the x-ray equipment for each procedure
- Ensures that processor is always maintained in the ready position while cases are in progress
- Ensures cine film processed at end of case or upon request of cardiologists
- Replenishes magazine with cine film to be ready for subsequent cases
- Produces CD ROM’S and VHS recordings
- Labels each patient’s cine film storage can and fills out file card with patient’s name, date of procedure, cine and medical number
- Enters all patients into procedure book for the cath labs
- Retrieves angiograms from storage
- Cleans film processor after the cases are completed and makes sure there is enough chemicals mixed in the replenishing tanks
- Replenishes supplies in the lab as necessary and performs preventative maintenance on equipment utilizing an understanding of the mechanical workings
- Notifies lab supervisor of any serious malfunctions
- Performs as circulating technologist in the cath lab
- Operates power injector for large volume dye contrast injections
- Operates equipment for right heart catherizations and additional equipment as requested by cardiologists
- Assists in lab by setting up in a sterile field, equipment and instruments
- Prepping and draping patient for catheterization, pericardiocentesis, and arm cases
High School Diploma or its equivalent
Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the preferred knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Microsoft Office Suite - Intermediate
Describe Work Environment
May be required to assist in the movement/transport of patients. X-Ray usage (exposure) in laboratory; (lab compliant with radiation safety requirements).