Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Mother Baby 12B - 79957
Assistant Nurse Manager Nights
- Assists Nurse Manager and provides direct training/supervision/management to all nurses and nurse related functions in the Division; including mobile, satellite programs, off-site programs and similar
- Addresses the needs of both internal and external clients for the Division of Occupational Medicine at various locations on a fluctuating work schedule
- Demonstrates competency in performing treatments and procedures, including blood drawing, EKG test administration, eye and hearing tests, spirometry and fit testing
- Provides a model of expertise in these testing areas
- Assists in instructing other nursing staff members in the development of these skills
- Demonstrates ability to utilize computers and computer software to access patient information, enter data, and generate reports of various types
- Compiles statistical results and generates reports
- Works with software vendor to update programs, correct problems encountered in the process of utilizing software for various compliance functions
- Provides a model of practical utilization of computer skills to reinforce and support Division compliance programs
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge base, including medical information, Division and Medical Center policies, and regulatory agency requirements
- Provides a knowledge base to other staff nurses
- Provides a model of patient care to staff nurses, patients and other members o the community
- Maintains a professional/business model of behavior and appearance
- Provides a model of customer service
- Behaves responsibly at all times under all circumstances
- Demonstrates ability to defuse tense situations
- Takes a proactive role in expanding and improving the respiratory protection program
- Works with nursing staff in the development/expansion of the program and development/improvement of prerequisite skills
- Maintains flexibility and is adaptable to changing job formulation, work assignments, and work locations, based on Division need
Graduate of an accredited Registered Nurse Program, minimum of B.S.N.
Hands-on experience with computers and computer software. Ability to counsel patients and patient representatives relative to health care needs, as well as Medical Center and regulatory agency requirements.
Current New York State license/registration. Current CPR certification. Membership in appropriate professional health organizations, i.e., AAOHN.
Mother / Baby RN experience preferred.