Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Radiology Ultrasonic Diagnostics- #80121
Ultrasound Technologist – Radiology Ultrasonic Diagnostics - Part Time, Nights
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Performs diagnostic ultrasound examinations as referred by physicians
- Performs routine sonographic procedures following departmental protocols
- Assists, prepares and positions patients as required to perform sonographic procedures
- Evaluates sonographic images for technical and diagnostic acceptability
- Maintains ultrasound imaging equipment in clean and good working condition; reports equipment problems to supervisor
- Assists in training of ultrasound students
- Maintains supplies and accessories in the procedure room as required
- Assists physicians directly as required
- Prepares sterile fields and trays pertinent to particular sonographic procedures
- Assists in the orientation and training of new staff sonographers
- Assists in the training and development of technical staff
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned area
- Graduate of an accredited ultrasound program.
- Requires assisting patients to and from ultrasound tables; requires transporting mobile ultrasound equipment to patient units.
- Certified by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers required. Current CPR certification.
- Minimum of one year experience.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.