Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Secretary II – Radiology Administration Secretarial – Part Time
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates the ability to perform clinical/technical/service/administrative tasks.
- Answers telephone, screen calls, takes messages and provides information according to established policies.
- Types correspondence, memos, reports, minutes, etc. Proofs typed materials, makes corrections and recommends changes. Copies as necessary.
- Handles incoming and outgoing mail, opens, sorts, and prioritizes; answers routine inquiries and correspondence.
- Maintains appointment books for meetings, patients, travel, etc. Arranges meetings.
- Education: high school diploma or equivalent
- Some prior training in secretarial sciences a plus
- Prior experience as a Clerk Typist or any clerical responsibilities within a hospital environment.
- Ability to prepare spreadsheets using Excel and/or other spreadsheet software. Proficient Word-processing, and good organizational and typing skills.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.