Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
NURSING EDUCATION- REQ #80136
Job Title: Data Manager Professional Practice
Provides administrative leadership and support to Nursing Education and Professional Practice regarding all aspects of Credentialing, Policy and Procedure Management and Reporting, Learning Systems Management and Education/Personnel File HR Compliance.
Facilitating and directing the maintenance of programs and processes to enhance: Advanced Practice Onboarding and Credentialing, Professional Practice Compliance, Educational Compliance, Data Management/Maintenance/Reporting, Personnel File Audits, Learning Systems Management and Policy Systems Management
Roles & Responsibilities:
Advanced Practice Credentialing
- Manages Advanced Practice Credentialing for the Department of Nursing. Facilitates in onboarding of all Nurse Practitioners, Certified Midwives and Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists and oversees all aspects of credentialing and monitoring of advanced practice professional requirements.
- Database administrator/manager and department liaison for Advanced Practice Credentialing with Medical Staff Services.
- Orients all Nurse Practitioners, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists and Certified Midwives to processes and procedures required to maintain clinical and administrative privileges.
- Maintains and updates personnel files for all Advanced Practice Nurses.
- Manages the reappointment process for all Nurse Practitioners, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists and Certified Midwives and works closely with Medical Staff Services to ensure timely appointments by the Credentials Committee, Medical Board and Board of Trustees.
- Prepares credentialing status reports for voting at monthly Nurse Executive Committee meetings.
- Program Administrator/Manager and departmental liaison for departmental Learning Management System (PEAK). Responsible for implementation, data build and analysis, ongoing maintenance/support and educational compliance monitoring/reporting.
- Promote processes that enhance the quality and timeliness of data within Nursing Education and Professional Practice.
- Project Manager/facilitator for delivery of e-learning modules, open enrollment courses and compliance monitoring and reporting.
- Develop and support processes to enhance integrity of system data.
- Conduct system and data audits to ensure compliance and identify possible areas for process improvement.
- Responsible for training/education of Education Specialists and Clinical Nurse Leaders on use of the Learning Management System
- Works with System administrator to insure professional licensure data for all Registered Professional Nurses and APNs to ensure compliance as required by State Law and Regulatory agency requirements
- Manage all nursing position descriptions in policy management system, follow-up on yearly reviews/revisions and present to Nursing Executive Committee.
- Assists Director, Nursing Education and Professional Practice Programs in management/maintenance of policies and procedures as needed.
- Performs Human Resources/Departmental file review audits and follow-up as required in preparation for all regulatory agency visits.
- Manages data through review, computerization, cleaning and auditing for compliance with standard operating procedures, and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Reviews, analyzes, and validates data to ensure consistency, integrity and accuracy based on specific guidelines.
- Assists in standardizing data management procedures such as documentation for departmental operating procedures.
- Prepares data and educational compliance reports for Nurse Executives and all levels of nursing leadership to ensure adherence to regulatory agency and medical center requirements/standards.
- Project Manager for transition of other departmental paper based systems to electronic systems for more efficient and effective management of processes and data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Public Administration, Computer Technology or related field preferred
- Minimum three plus years of data/project management experience
- Ability to prepare complex graphs, spreadsheets and presentations
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.