Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Oversees work of non-supervisory employees engaged in processing claims, maintaining related files and logs, and checking patient eligibility for. Proactively identifies problems and assists in solving payment and other business office issues.
- Monitors processing of claims for reimbursement and ensures all necessary documentation and attachment are included with claims. Interacts with physicians and administrators to coordinate communication of billable services to patients.
- Orients and trains area employees in department policies and procedures and assists staff in carrying out their work by responding to more complex questions and problems.
- Assists in the resolution of patient complains and concerns and resolves.
- Processes payment statements by posting, listing and adjusting payments. Reviews denied and pending listings, notifies appropriate personnel and takes corrective action.
- Gathers and exchanges information necessary to ensure timely processing and reimbursement of claims and to promote maximum cash flow and reduce outstanding days in accounts receivable. Assists in the development and implementation of department policies and procedures as required.
- Maintains effective communication directly with State agency representatives, third party payors, billing manager and verifies information regarding unpaid and late claims.
- Assists in the development and implementation of department policies and procedures as required.
- Remains current in government regulatory changes affecting Federal Payor eligibility, billing, and operational procedures and financials.
- Develops special reports and financial/billing statistics related to area activities as requested by management.
- May assist in interviewing of new staff and recommend hiring. May participate in performance evaluations of employees.
- Performs other related duties.