Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
In this highly visible role, you will oversee the day to day operations for an Inpatient Psych Unit with CPEP. Your excellent people skills, organizational ability and talent for communication will serve you well, as you lead your staff an
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the daily administrative and operational duties for a 24 bedded Psych unit with 5 beds for CPEP (The entire unit can hold up to 40 patients, if necessary) with 50 employees made up of RNs, PCAs, and Therapy Aids with a length of stay of 14 days to 2 months.
- Oversee patient experience/satisfaction/safety and other performance/quality improvement projects.
- Position reports into the Director of Nursing for Psychiatry
- BSN, required
- MSN, required (will consider if enrolled and not earned)
- NYS RN
- At least 3 years in management experience within Psychiatry
- Experience with adult and homeless patient population, highly preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.