Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to accurately evaluate and effectively treat all assigned patients
- Devises a treatment plan that addresses individual, age specific needs, incorporating patient goals, to emphasize functional restoration and quality of life
- Monitors appropriateness of goals and prioritizes treatments to maximize patient benefit.
- Educates the patient and their family members regarding home exercise program, diagnosis specific information and purpose of any therapeutic intervention
- Coordinates with other services when scheduling patients and adjust schedule as necessary to provide additional coverage
Education: Baccalaureate or Master's degree from an accredited university or college with a curriculum in Physical Therapy approved by the council on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association and the American Physical Therapy Association; DPT strongly preferred.
Successful completion of clinical affiliations as per university's curriculum in Physical Therapy
Eligibility for, or Licensed by the New York Board of Regents. Eligibility for certification by the American Physical Therapy Association.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.