Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
ANESTHESIOLOGY - Req #80486
Job Title: Anesthesia Technician Manager
Manages the duties and work assignments of the Anesthesia Technicians/ Technologist at the St. Luke’s and Roosevelt site, ensuring the anesthesia areas meet the needs of the practitioners and complies with all regulatory standards. The Manager is cognizant of the philosophy, standards, objectives and policies of the Department and the Hospital Center.
1. Oversees the efficient and effective management of the daily activities of the department, ensuring appropriate tech support for the anesthesia activities at the SLR site.
2. Ensures the necessary level of anesthesia OTPS (supplies and equipment) is available. Initiates purchasing activities as needed, in consultation with Materials Management and/or Corporate Administrator as appropriate. Implements cost effective strategies to manage inventory.
3. Manages problems which may impede anesthesia/OR activities by interceding with necessary departments and vendors to effect resolution.
4. Maintains working relationship with equipment and supply vendors to ensure product satisfaction.
5. Updates pertinent departmental forms as needed, in collaboration with the Operations Manager, and maintains them on shared drive for access.
6. Participates in the review of new equipment and supplies, assists in the implementation of new equipment and supplies, and collaborates with the Operations Manager to ensure consistency between the sites. Identifies capital equipment replacement needs in a timely manner for budgetary purposes, including obtaining comparative quotes.
- Minimum of five years Anesthesia Technician experience.
- MS Office Suite - Intermediate (Must be computer literate (excel, word) and able to utilize required hospital systems (Oracle)
Demonstrated ability to supervise a diverse front-line work force to meet department’s goals. Demonstrated ability in inventory management. Requires individual with strong/positive interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. Must be fluent in English (verbal and written).
Describe Work Environment
May require some heavy lifting, pushing, pulling; may be exposed to blood and hazardous material.