Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept-4512 REQ #80487
Job Title: Offsite Oncology Infusion Patient Encounter Associate
- Greets patients in person and by telephone and upgrades their insurance/demographic information in the practice management system.
- Gathers registration and financial information for patient pre-registration, enters the information into the practice management system and ensures all entries are complete and accurate.
- Answers phones for the practice; schedules, re-schedules and cancels patient appointments based on established protocols.
- Contacts patients at home to confirm scheduled and canceled appointments.
- Checks in patients upon arrival at the practice and performs full registration, including: verification of demographics, completion of financial screening, prioritizing and verifying insurance as appropriate with third-party providers, making follow-up appointments, discussing Hospital’s self-pay policy for new patients, completing of Medicare as Secondary Payer questionnaire if appropriate, and having patient read and sign all relevant notifications.
- Ensures the patient has paid, or collects, the appropriate co-pay under the direction of billing management, and provides the patient with a receipt as per cash-control protocols.
- May perform simple to moderately-complex charge entry tasks or enter payments collected from patients and prepares Cashier’s deposit.
- Note: duties are mutually exclusive and may not be performed by the same employee.
- Distributes Metro Cards to patients upon determining eligibility via standard protocols and available electronic verification systems. Reconciles Metro Card allocation and distribution with management on a daily basis.
- Checks out patients after visits completed, scheduling subsequent visits as requested by the clinical team and following departmental guidelines and standards.
- Facilitates prior authorization and appointment scheduling for diagnostic testing requested by providers for patients in EPIC.
- Reviews status of waiting room on a regular basis and advises patients of wait times.
- Ensures prior approval and other required procedures are met prior to delivery of care, by working collaboratively with other hospital departments.
- Reconciles daily patient schedule with encounters closed.
- Works billing edit reports and reviews encounters which may require correction.
- Scans documents into EPIC on a daily basis.
- Participates in system development and process improvement by providing feedback to Manager regarding issues in registration and charge posting that impact negatively on operations.
- Follows all HIPAA and other federal/state agency requirements regarding proper handling of PHI documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1 year physician practice experience. Must have a minimum of one week training on-site which will be provided by practice. Preferred: Experience in a medical office setting, utilizing a computer system for physician scheduling.
- HS/GED; Associates degree preferred