Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Job Title: Per Diem Nurse Education Managr
The Nurse Education Manager is an advanced role involving the management, assessment, planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of clinical and educational activities, including orientation, staff development and competency assessments.
- Leads nursing practice using the tenets of the Professional Practice Model of Relationship Centered Care and the Care Delivery Model of Modified Primary Nursing for the promotion of the patient experience
- Demonstrates proficiency in all aspects of Purposeful Hourly Rounding (PHR) and role models expected behaviors.
- Ensures the integration of PHR into clinical activities to enhance Relationship Centered Care.
- Validates staff competency in PHR and provides consistent meaningful feedback with more focused feedback as needed.
- Communicates quantitative and qualitative information regarding the patient experience to the staff and the Interdisciplinary Patient Care Team.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Nurse Manager/Assistant Nurse Manager/physician dyad and escalates concerns as appropriate.
- Follows up on all patient concerns in a timely manner and provides service recovery as needed.
- Demonstrates caring, respect, compassion, empathy and active listening through dialogue, body language and actions.
- Observes established MSHS mandatory educational requirements.
- Reviews and formulates departmental and program objectives in accordance with corporate policies, strategies and goals.
- Participates in the management of external consulting services i.e. schools of nursing, consultations with professional experts.
- Acts as a management representative for the MSHS or department on committees as designated.
- Participates in the formulation of departmental policies and procedures based on evidence, best practices, and expert opinion.
- Acts as resource person for staff as regards Department of Nursing policies and procedures.
- Participates in the recruitment and retention of hospital staff.
- Evaluates staff competencies and compliance with patient care and unit documentation requirements
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Nursing (Master's degree in Nursing/Allied Health with experience in Nursing Education ad/or Nursing Leadership preferred.
- Professional Board certification in clinical specialty or staff development recommended
- Licensed as a RN with current registration in New York State
- Must have relevant clinical experience in area of nursing practice assigned
- Evidence of ability to maintain and promote interpersonal relationships, communicate appropriately to others, and work effectively and efficiently to solve problems
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team displaying effective communication and critical thinking
- Ability to read, write, understand and speak English in a clear and concise manner
- Visual, physical, auditory and cognitive ability to assess patient status
- Physical and mental health necessary to care for acutely ill patients with a broad variety of diagnoses and behaviors on a daily basis
- Ability to walk, stand, lift, stoop, push and respond quickly in a variety of situations and for an extended period of time
- Manual dexterity to perform a variety of clinical procedures relevant to practice area (i.e. venipuncture, urinary catheterization, cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
- Ability to use data entry, retrieval systems and the electronic medical record documentation system in a proficient manner