Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Responsible for following-up on all third party receivable activities, self pay claims, and denials. Posts, reviews, and follows up on all correspondence from carriers. Communicates to patient, via telephone and company form letter, the details of the outstanding account. Researches refund requests and prepares request for managerial approval
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Contacts the carrier, by telephone, for current status of accounts
2. Follows-up on ticklers on a timely manner in work files
3. Re-bills outstanding claims as necessary; obtains proper documentation for bill to be accurately paid by the carriers (referrals, operative notes, etc.)
4. Documents all follow up activities in IDX or PCS systems according to department policy
5. Corrects all edits generated by IDX reporting and electronic submission exception reports
6. Prepares appeals and insurance inquiries
7. Responds to daily mail regarding patient/insurance information
8. Resubmits remaining balances from primary payors of bills to secondary payors (coordination of benefits)
9. Updates patient demographic information accordingly
10. Responsible for rejection posting
11. Answer phones and responds to inquiries regarding patient billing
High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
2-3 years of professional billing experience preferably in a physician practice or Faculty Practice Plan.