Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Performs cardiac ultrasounds at the request of the cardiologist assuring accuracy and patient safety and comfort.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintains equipment
2. Cleans room and transducers promptly after the completion of each patient
3. Reports equipment problems immediately to biomed and the supervisor and documents all problems in the equipment repair log
4. Maintains logs and reports
5. Follows all policies and procedures to assure the highest level of compliance with all State regulations
6. Provides documentation of pertinent patient clinical history
7. Maintains orderly and efficient flow of echocardiography patients through the department in conjunction with the supervisor
8. Performs all tests and external controls accurately and ensures that reporting of results (written or verbal) is done promptly and reliably
9. Performs 2D, M-Mode and Dopplers Echocardiography with video and hard copy recordings
10. Performs echo portion of stress echograms
11. Acquires stress echo data for analysis
12. Performs all related calculations
13. May require travel to alternate sites
Registered Cardiac Sonographer with the ARDMS as of July, 2000 preferred. Has successfully completed a cardiovascular technology program that is accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Canadian Medical Association (CMA).
One to two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.