Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Planning, Design and Construction
Job Title: Project Manager, Facilities Design and Construction
Roles & Responsibilities:
Provides oversight and management in all areas of large and complex construction projects to ensure client satisfaction. Manages the planning, implementation and allocation of resources and activities of capital construction projects to ensure project completion within timelines, contract specifications and budget.
· Oversees the design, construction and renovation of large complex construction projects throughout the medical facilities.
· Negotiates and administers the bidding and awarding of contracts with vendors and suppliers.
· Coordinates with architect and engineering consultants to assure the optimal functioning of building systems and designs. Reviews drawings and contracts and provides input, recommendations and approval of same.
· Coordinates with contractors, end-users, and any other relevant department throughout the duration of the project to insure optimal operations are maintained.
· Evaluates, identifies and implements new ideas, technologies or process improvements to increase organizational efficiencies and cost savings.
· Monitors construction of work ensuring that timetable is maintained and that work conforms to design and operational standards and requirements. Reviews and consults with architects and engineers regarding safety issues on new projects.
· Monitors the preparation of all drawings and specifications to ensure standards are met.
· Coordinates and implements relocation plans of departments, programs, staff, patients, etc.
· Conducts financial analyses and prepares reports estimating the cost of construction projects and renovations. Identifies and resolves all budget problems with construction and renovation projects.
· Develops and maintains project cost reports and schedules.
· Prepares construction status reports and monitors and updates construction schedules.
· Values engineer architectural and engineering designs.
· Leads constructability reviews.
· Monitors and implements the Mount Sinai Medical Center’s quality control program.
· Manages purchase orders, makes necessary changes. Reviews and recommends approval of invoice payments.
· Coordinates and ensures the smooth operation of all relocation and renovation projects.
· Bachelors degree in Architecture or Engineering or equivalent. Masters degree preferred. Engineering or Architecture license preferred.
5 years professional experience as
an Architect, Engineer or Construction Manager, plus 3 years experience as
Project Manager Preferred. ASHE Construction Certifications preferred.
OSHA 30 Certification, LEED AP, PMP highly desired
· Experience in NYC DOB and BEST Squad
· Must be proactive with the ability to recognize potential project impediments
· Knowledge of building structures, infrastructure systems, and general knowledge of patient care centers
Knowledge of federal, state and
local building laws
Understand the basic business practices of the design and construction management process.
· Proven ability to guide outside design consultants and construction management teams
Excellent verbal and written
Strong organizational skills.
· Must have the ability to work within a diverse team as well as independently as required
· Demonstrates time management skills, resulting in the ability to manage multiple client relationships and prioritize time and resources accordingly
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.