Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Planning, Design and Construction
Job Title: Sr. Project Manager, Infrastructure
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) role, reporting to the Vice President of Infrastructure and Special projects, will monitor every phase of a construction project (up to $50M) from inception to occupancy, primarily in the health care environment.
· Conceptualizes projects, prepares feasibility studies and develops RFPs for hospital administration
· Develops technical Scopes of Work related to Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, central plant and distributed energy systems.
· Develop Method of Procedures and provide communications to leadership and applicable departments to implementing project scope.
· Develops space programs, designs fit plans to meet the needs of user departments
· Coordinates the activities of outside architectural and engineering design consultants on larger projects
· Manages the A/E team, prepares cost estimates, prepares Certificate of Need documentation, as well as being the liaison between the consultants and user groups
· Ensures that the A/E team is meeting all regulatory requirements and that the budget and schedule are adhered to
· Monitors the progress of moderate to difficult construction relative to schedule, cost and quality
· Manage Commissioning processes (if applicable) from design, through construction and full project completion
· Effectively monitors contractors safety management program including PPE, ILSMs and ICRA
· Effectively monitors activities of construction schedule as the Owner’s representative
· Minimizes the disruption to hospital patients, staff and service due to construction
· Reviews bid documents, drawings and coordinates pre-bid activities
· Conducts periodic project management meetings with architectural and engineering consultant, contractors, subcontractors and user clients
· Makes timely decisions in the field as unexpected conditions arise
· Monitors contractor’s performance for compliance with plans and specifications and applicable codes
· Reviews and approves applications for payment, change orders and purchase requisitions
· Schedules shut down, tie-ins and in-house activities with Engineering
· Coordinates with Architect and Users on furniture an finish selections
· Coordinates and schedules work with other departments
· Coordinates move-in activities with user departments move coordinators
· Maintains complete project files through project close out
· Informs supervisor of status and issues of construction projects
· Examines construction work, reports findings, follows up with corrective work and prepares and monitors punch lists
· Responsible for managing costs to budget using standardized finance report
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree Preferred; High School or equivalent education required
· 10+ years’ experience with emphasis on health care design and construction. Familiarization with Joint Commission compliance. Experience in Facilities Management and/or Project Management of MEP, physical plant, distribution, and auxiliary systems. Should have experience in running construction projects in excess of $1M.
· Autocad experience a plus.
· Professional engineering license preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.