Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Under general supervision of licensed physicians, performs and /or assists all CT and MRI examinations in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures. Sets up, adjusts and operates CT and MRI equipment, selecting proper technical factors to obtain accurate CT and MRI studies; properly positions and immobilizes patients. Responds to patients needs as required. Maintains cleanliness of equipment and general working area, stocks clinical supplies. Ensures proper operation of CT and MRI equipment. Provides care to patients of all age groups in the form of diagnostic testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Under supervision of physicians, prepares patients and examination areas in accordance with department policies and procedures for all CT and MRI examinations. Sets up and adjusts MRI equipment. Observes equipment safety precautions both for equipment maintenance and patient and employee well-being. Provides patient orientation prior to examination.
2. Under supervision, performs or assists in performing CT’s and MRI’s in accordance with established clinical protocols. Operates and adjusts equipment, determining current settings and monitoring patient and employee safety with respect to magnetic field. Responds to patients needs during testing. May assist in administering opaque media and or loading power injector under aseptic technique. Properly labels studies in accordance with defined procedures.
3. Provides related support functions as required.
4. Communicates closely with schedulers and radiologists.
5. Maintains clean work area and equipment and maintains full stock of applicable clinical supplies. Properly prepares contrast media as needed.
6. Ensures good working order of equipment. Troubleshoots routine equipment problems or seeks technical assistance for equipment malfunctions, keeping chief technician appropriately informed.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned or required as professional technologist. May perform or assist with quality assurance/CQI tasks.
Prior work experience of six months is desired in order to gain familiarity with radiologic testing
Licensing and Certification Requirements (if applicable)
Name: Licensure by New York State Department of Health as Radiation Therapist is mandatory.
Certification required by ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists). Certified/Licensed in Venipuncture for administration of IV contrast.
Certified Radiation Technician