Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
CENTRAL STERILE REPROCESSING - Req #80731
Job Title: Central Supply Technician Level 2
Central Supply Technician Level 2’s are multi-skilled personnel who are responsible and accountable for all duties related to cleaning and decontamination of general and specialty surgical instruments, power equipment, endoscopes, and sterilization. They are responsible for the preparation & packaging of general instruments and for two surgical instrument specialties; quality control testing and monitoring of sterilization equipment, maintaining records, and preparation and dispatch of surgical cases. The level 2 technician must have knowledge of surgical instrumentation and must be able to assemble surgical trays with a count sheet. They may perform assigned duties such as answering phones, cleaning, stocking, transporting, and dispensing supplies and equipment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of decontamination, disinfection and cleaning methods. Exhibits knowledge in determining the methods to be used to care for instruments: hand washing, mechanical washing or disinfection, especially in removal of protein and corrosion. Thoroughly disassembles instruments and equipment for cleaning and ensures all bio-burden material is removed. Inspects important points in instruments and equipment to ensure they are functioning properly and there is no damage. Operates and troubleshoots cleaning equipment. Maintains OSHA safety standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of preparation and assembly, inspection and packaging of general and two specialty instrument services. Selects and inspects all the required instruments for each set used in the OR; arranges them in the proper sequence and in a manner for effective sterilization; adds the sterilization integrator, adds the assembly list, wraps, seals, and/or containerize; labels each set appropriately. Thoroughly inspects all instruments for sharpness, functionality and integrity. Utilizes resources available to replace faulty/missing instruments and/or contacts the Instrument Coordinator for replacement.
- Demonstrates knowledge of sterilization processes, documentation, storage, and delivery of sterile packages. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding by explanation of the function and operation of all sterilization processes as well as understands the sterilizer mechanical/chemical indicators.
- Effectively enters, modifies and searches information in the instrument tracking system. Accurately incorporates the scanning of all tasks, transactions and sets processed into the daily record.
- Incorporates infection control guidelines during the transferring, storing and transporting of sterile packages.
- Demonstrates knowledge in preparation and dispatch of surgical cases. Use of the Horizon Surgical Manager program to upload and download operating room schedules. Exhibit knowledge in correct identification of medical/surgical supplies and pick the right quantity and the right medical/surgical supplies according to preference cards. Get tray printout to accompany picked cases, sign preference cards, accurately label case carts with building ID, Room #, surgeon’s name, and deliver cases to the operating room.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Requires knowledge of reading, writing, and math normally acquired through high school education.
- Current certification (CRCST) required
- Demonstrates ability to work well with others as part of a team.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to follow oral and written instructions and do basic mathematical calculations.
- Position requires flexible work schedule, weekends and holidays.
- Requires basic computer skills.
- 1-2 years sterile processing experience, with achievement of specific competencies
- MS Office Suite - intermediate
Licensing and Certification Requirements (if applicable)
- CRCST certification required
General Skills and Competencies
- position requires the ability to lift, push, pull, or move supplies and equipment with or without the use of assisted devices.
- Handle chemicals and detergents.
- Requires the ability to see, hear, write and communicate clearly.
- Must be able to operate automated and technical equipment.
- Must be able to work rapidly and accurately.
- Physical stamina, good manual dexterity, visual and aural acuity to perform within parameters of job responsibilities.
Strength Through Diversity