Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
PACU - REQ #80801
Job Title: Nursing Attendant
- Assists the nursing staff in performing selected nursing procedures and functional tasks to specific patients
- Transports patients by wheelchair, stretcher or bed
- Assists with lifting, positioning. moving and ambulating patients using body mechanics as instructed
- Assists with patients’ examinations treatments and procedures
- Carries out procedures as taught
- Provides direct physical care, and/or one to one observation to selected patients under supervision
- Provides care to the body of deceased patients in preparation for removal to the morgue.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completed training a s medical assistant or nursing
- Prefer relevant experience in an inpatient health care setting
- BCLS and/or Heart Saver (CPR) certification - National Board Certified
- MS Office Suite - Intermediate
General Skills and Competencies
- Ability to read, write, understand and speak English in a clear and concise manner.
- Visual and aural acuity to assess patient within parameters of job responsibilities.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
- Oriented to consumer satisfaction.
Level of Physical Activity Required - Heavy
Describe Work Environment
Strenuous Physical Activity (e.g., frequent and sustained lifting, carrying, etc.)
Exposure to Infectious Materials (e.g., fluids, solids, tissue and/or other waste products)Exposed to a variety of clinical conditions, technologies and environmental settings Physical stamina, manual dexterity to perform a variety of tasks and skills in area of Assignment