Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept-5511 REQ #80852
Job Title: Ambulatory Practice Supervisor
The Ambulatory Practice Supervisor is primarily responsible for managing the day-to-day front–end operations of an ambulatory practice. Working under the direction of the Cancer Center Administrator, the Ambulatory Practice Supervisor is responsible for implementing and maintaining MSHS policies and procedures related to front-end practice operations, including Patients First! service standards and staffing models. The Ambulatory Practice Supervisor is responsible for supervising the front-end staff in the Practice; and for performing any of the related roles as staffing contingencies requires. The Supervisor oversees the reception, checkout and clerical functions, handles scheduling issues as needed, addresses patient concerns, and participates in gathering information on customers’ perceptions and preferences.
- Monitors and assist staff with their day to day activities including clinic and physician scheduling, call volumes and surge treads, along with strict adherences to department service standards.
- Review staff appointment scheduling for accuracy and completeness to maintain the highest levels of right appointment at the right time with the right physician. When needed, communication with the Cancer Center Administrator or members of the Medical Team to handle any scheduling decisions.
- Assists the Cancer Center Administrator in the preparation of daily, monthly and year end reporting.
- Assists the Cancer Center Administrator in creating training materials and scheduling guidelines, along with continued training of staff with scheduling appointments.
- Maintains high quality levels of customer service and data integrity in the management of patient calls – monitoring performance using the Automated Call Distribution and Par8to referral database standardized reports and working with staff to ensure understanding of software procedures.
- Provides next level of guidance and assistance with escalated MyChart calls.
- Ensures appropriate reimbursement for services. Plans and organizes orientation and in-service training for staff members on insurance verification and co-pay collection procedures
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience required
Previous experience in a customer service role, supervisory role, and healthcare setting preferred