Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
CENTRAL STERILE REPROCESSING - Req #80901
Job Title: Assistant Manager Central Sterile
The Assistant Manager Central Sterile plans and coordinates activities involved in the decontamination, storage, assembly, cleaning and sterilization of medical, surgical and related supplies utilized in the care and treatment of patients. Ensures that processes utilized comply with the department and Mount Sinai Medical Center’s policies and procedures and develops processes that meet the needs of the patients, physicians and other user departments.
- Supervises all sterilization processes such as decontamination, cleaning, assembly, wrapping, sterilization, storage and distribution of all supplies and equipment handled in the department.
- Monitors and checks work in progress to ensure adherence to sterile processing standards and procedures; takes action as needed to correct problems.
- Collaborates with other supervisors to coordinate staffing schedules and to ensure adequate coverage is provided, including weekends.
- Works closely with other departments and related personnel in coordinating sterile processing activities and resolving instrument problems and supply needs and shortages.
- Develops processes that meet the needs of patients, physicians and user departments within targeted productivity and budget parameters.
- Maintain and monitors inventory. Orders supplies and equipment within authorized expense parameters. Assists the Purchasing Department with obtaining information needed for trade-outs or purchase of equipment and supplies. Makes minor equipment and instrument repairs in area of responsibility.
- Participates in the development of departmental policies and standards related to Sterile Processing.
- Manages various personnel functions such as hiring, performance appraisals, training, disciplinary actions and terminations. Facilities staff participation in presentation of in-services.
- Performs other related duties
- Associate's Degree in an allied health field or equivalent experience
- 3-years in sterile processing or similar setting with 1-year in a supervisory role.
- Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST)
- Microsoft Office Suite - Basic
General Skills and Competencies
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of decontamination and sterilization processes; medical/surgical supplies and equipment
- Demonstrated leadership and/or supervisory skills