Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
NURSING ADMINISTRATION - Req #80906
Job Title: Per Diem WOCN, RN (Wound, Ostomy, Continence Nurse) Specialist
- Develop, revise and evaluate standards of care
- Assist in the selection of supplies, technology and equipment
- Assure appropriate rental product utility while maintaining optimal patient safety and outcomes
- Develop, provide and evaluate staff education programs, ie. Orientation, inservices and continuing education
- Demonstrates competent level of technical skill
- Conducts health assessment interview focused on wound, ostomy, continence related care
- Performs focused physical assessment.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic tests.Develops plan of care based on the diagnosis and individual client needs.
- Prescribes medications and treatments as appropriate.
- Works collaboratively with the health care team and makes referrals to other disciplines as indicated.
- Records, reports and interprets the client’s responses to the plan of care
- Teaches, counsels, and assists individuals and families to assume responsibility for prevention of complications as they relate to patients with ostomies, wounds, or continence problems
- Provides individualized fitting for appropriate medical equipment for in-hospital and outpatient ostomy patients
- Identifies available community resources helpful to clients, refers and assists clients in utilizing such resources.
- Makes hospital visits to clients and/or takes call as appropriate.
- Master's Degree in Nursing
- Graduae of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program
- Graduate of accredited Wound, Ostomy, Continence Educational Program
- NYS RN license and registration (current)
- 2-years of nursing experience
- NP experience of at least one year preferred
- MS Office Suite - Intermediate