trength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Patient Financial Services Req # 80936
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Receives, logs, distributes, and prioritizes the work for department's employees as well as any outside agencies
- Prints and distributes daily, weekly, and/or monthly system reports and reconciles charge/cash/ adjustment postings as required
- Reviews completed work and performs quality assurance sampling to ensure work is processed in a timely and accurate manner
- Produces and provides management staff with management reports relative to billing/receivable/cash performance (i.e. volume of billing, collections, outstandingitems, etc.)
- Analyzes the detail A/R and reports for underpayment opportunities
- Analyzes payments from third party payers to ensure payments received batch our contracted rates
- Interacts with payers as required
- Responds to and resolves patient inquiries and complaints
- Trains and counsels employees in technical and interpersonal skills
- Completes employee performance evaluations and takes disciplinary action as needed
- Schedules tasks, overtime, and employee benefit time as needed by the department
- Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information
- Observes the Health Care System’s compliance policies
- Participates in the development of other staff members
- Meets regulatory, licensure and annual health assessment requirements
- Identifies learning strengths and needs
- Utilizes learning resources
- Demonstrates a professional, courteous, and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, families and significant others
- Displays courtesy, tact and patience during interactions with all members of the hospital staff and extended community
- Adheres to Mount Sinai Hospital’s legal and ethical standards
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent education
- Minimum 5 years as a financial representative or equivalent position in a hospital based billing department.
- Good organizational, analytical, communication and motivational skills.
- Knowledge of third party payer regulations and requirements
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.