Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Patient Experience Beth Israel Downtown Req # 80939
The patient experience team works to support an environment that leverages employee engagement to improve clinical care and the human experience. This position has opportunities to lead projects, work in interdisciplinary teams, assist in driving improvement, embracing change and working within innovative solutions to address the ever changing demands of healthcare.
- Lead and support patient experience initiatives, meetings, projects and databases.
- Participate actively in multi-disciplinary work teams in an effort to drive patient experience and improve operations.
- Engage leaders and staff to leverage strengths, gain insights, and motivate/empower employees.
- Responsible for data reports as requested by units, service leadership and ongoing report-outs.
- Trends, monitors, drills down, and analyzes findings to determine areas of opportunity and provides a summary of those findings. Interprets results using a variety of techniques.
- Design and utilize dynamic platforms for teams to understand and interact with experience data, including but not limited to management of Press Ganey process and management.
- Lead education and focus groups for multidisciplinary teams on a variety of topics including experience data, human center design processes, and employee engagement topics.
- Work collaboratively with leadership to identify staff needs and opportunities to facilitate patient centered change and performance improvement.
- Demonstrate visibility, accessibility, and effective communication conveying a strong sense of advocacy and support for staff, leaders, patients and visitors.
- Troubleshoot patient experience issues and assist in providing solutions.
- Assist in ensuring Best Practice Compliance.
- Assist with service recovery for patient and visitor issues.
- Drives best practice initiatives.
- Work with Administration to provide opportunities for Employee Engagement programs.
- Perform additional duties as needed and under the direction of the Director of Patient Experience.
- BA/BS required
- 1-2 years of experience in customer service training/teaching, healthcare, or hospitality industry
- Superior interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to support projects to successful completion with sustainability.
- Ability to engage and work with staff and administration at all levels of the organization.
- Collaborative, transparent, approachable and passionate about the goal at hand.
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task.
- Experience with process improvement methods (LEAN/PDCA, etc)
- Experience engaging employees with patient experience principles
- Experience in an academic medical center
- Experience with Press Ganey
- CPXP certified - None at time of hire, CPXP expected after 3 years of experience
- MS Office Suite-Intermediate
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.