Strength Through Diversity
- Applies the nursing process and is accountable for the nursing care of a designated group of patients during an assigned tour of duty
- Demonstrates those behaviors which reflect the scientific knowledge, judgment and technical skills of professional nursing
- Ensures nursing assessment is based on interview, examination, observation and review of records of the patient
- Develops a goal oriented care plan based on the nursing assessment, with participation of patient and significant others
- Ensures nursing actions are consistent with the care plan and medical regimen and hospital procedures
- Nurse Practitioner - experience of at least one year preferred.
- Licensed and currently registered as a Professional Nurse.
- Certified as a Nurse Practitioner in New York State.
- Certified or eligible for certification by recognized specialty organization.
- Ostomy certification required
- WOCN certification preferred
- Graduation from an accredited Nursing program. Bachelors Degree in Nursing preferred or plans for enrollment in program leading to same
- Documented previous experience or educational preparation to support credentials. Specials skills/experience may be required in specialized areas.
Licensed and currently registered or otherwise duly authorized to practice as a professional nurse in New York State