Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Provides support for a variety of tasks to keep ensure the daily running of the practice is running smoothly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Greets and receives patients/visitors to practice facility.
2. Answer routine questions and assures appropriate intake forms are completed properly.
3. Answer telephones and appropriately forwards messages
4. Schedules and confirms appointments. Follow-up calls to “no-show” and “cancellation” appointments
5. Mailing of New Patient Registration Package.
6. Maintains cleanliness of facility and organization of workstation.
7. Prepares patient’s chart. Attach appropriate clinical forms and superbill
8. Process insurance verification
9. Completes and reviews routine billing documents (Demographic information, superbills, etc.)
10. Collects on-site payments as necessary. Review patient’s account and check for previous balance.
11. Generate Daily Transaction Reports.
12. Process referrals to ancillary services (set-up appointments and complete insurance referral forms). Maintains and track referral log.
13. Retrieves and files patients’ medical chart (Do not file anything without physician’s signature).
14. Type necessary letters
15. Prepares and sorts outgoing and incoming mails.
16. Review incoming urgent lab and diagnostic reports. Attach to patient’s chart and present to physician’s attention promptly.
17. Provide cross coverage when applicable.
High school diploma or GED.
Minimum of two-year experience in a private physician practice setting.