Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Prepackages and labels medications, fills unit dose cassettes and assists in the maintenance of records associated with these functions
- Audits the records of controlled substances, ensures compliance with hospital, state and federal regulations as directed by a pharmacist, manager, or director
- Advises nursing and pharmacy
- Managers of discrepancies; assists in discrepancy resolution; maintains the files of all completed controlled drug records; and ensures proper storage
- Issues controlled substances and prescription pads as per departmental policy under the direct supervision of a pharmacist
- Processes controlled substances returns and receives product into inventory
- Ensures appropriate inventory on hand at all times and maintains required balances
- Assists in discrepancy resolution
- Obtains appropriate signatures when issuing/delivering controlled substances and prescription pads
- Maintains a file of all receipts for the 24 hour period prior to the return of the disposition records
- Maintains an accurate, current census, including cassette bin labels, for all assigned areas
- High School Diploma or equivalent. English proficiency (oral and written).
- Must be proficient in English and have excellent communication (oral/written) skills.
- Successful completion of a technician training program or equivalent experience required
- CPhT preferred.