Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept- West Park Medical Group - W 57th Street
Job Title: Offsite Licensed Practical Nurse
The Offsite Licensed Practical Nurse works as a part of the healthcare team by assisting in planning and implementing care interventions while promoting high quality patient care in a professional, efficient and safe manner, ensuring the patient flow. The Offsite LPN provides personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to patients. This individual is expected to maintain up-to-date knowledge in this area and apply it to everyday practice.
- Prepares and escorts the patient for exams and procedures.
- Explains treatment procedures, medications, diets and physician’s instructions to patients.
- Administers medications, including all types of injections, IV therapy as needed and within the scope of licensure.
- Provides basic patient care and treatments, including but not limited to: dressing wounds, performing catheterizations or applying compresses.
- Collects, labels and processes specimens accurately.
- Cleans and prepares medical treatment rooms for patient visits
- Assembles and uses equipment appropriate to specific medical practice.
- Schedules follow-up appointments for patients as needed.
- Communicates delays effectively when necessary.
- Enters patient information into the electronic medical record accurately and in a timely manner.
- Manages the physician's work environment appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to patients including, but not limited to, making appointments, booking procedures, obtaining pre-authorizations and answering telephones.
- Manages medical inventory and supply ordering based on par levels.
- Must work under the supervision of the physician or Registered Nurse.
- Performs other related duties
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Licensed Practical Nurse License NYS / Department of State
- BCLS/BLS certification required.
- 0-2 years as Licensed Practical Nurse
- IV and/or phlebotomy skills preferred
- Completes competency skill checklist within first 3 months.